Mission: To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
JA's Core Values:
• Belief in the boundless potential of young people
• Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
• Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
• Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
• Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
• Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Junior Achievement (JA) empowers young people to own their economic success. Our volunteer-delivered, kindergarten-12th grade programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential. We give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to educating students in grades K-12 about entrepreneurship, work readiness, and financial literacy through experiential hands-on programs. Junior Achievement of Southwest Michigan serves the counties of Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren, along with the communities of Bellevue, Olivet, Otsego and Plainwell.